15 Acres of Elbow Room
Our cabins are totally self-contained and can accommodate large groups. Each cabin is a nice 1 bedroom with a very large private loft, and can sleep up to 8 people. In the bathroom you will find your washer/dryer along with the commode, sink and roomy shower. The kitchen has a microwave, stove, oven, fridge, coffee maker and toaster, dishes, pans, utensils etc. Opposite the kitchen area is the cheerful dining table with the bay window. The living room includes a futon that pulls out to a double bed. There is a flat screen TV with DISH and channels for everyone. Upstairs, the loft has one full size bed, two twin beds, and a queen size luxury air mattress.
Ellen Ragsdale would like to share with you her new country vacation cabins located in Cortez, Colorado.
The Jolly Rancher sits on a hilltop of 15 acres of farm land only 3 miles north of downtown Cortez in southwest Colorado.
Our NEW cabins are situated in a quiet peaceful farm setting, with 360 degree views of mountain ranges, the mesas and Sleeping Ute Mountain. We're located close to Mesa Verde National Park, with convenient access to amenities for a perfect family vacation. Fresh air and sunshine are abundant, and at night the stars seem close enough to reach out and touch. Enjoy the lovely evenings on your cabin porch or have a relaxing soak in the hot tub and feel your stress slip away while stargazing into the Colorado night sky.
All prices are quoted in US funds. Deposit is required for reservation. VISA and Mastercard accepted. Gift Certificates available - please email for details.
|Guest House & Cabins (With Lofts)
|Guest House has a kitchen, bath, living room, upstairs large bedroom; King bed, Single bed, Trundle bed which makes into 2 Singles. Can sleep 2 downstairs.
Cabins each have a kitchen, bath, living room, downstairs bedroom, large carpeted loft. Can sleep up to 8 people. Nice for more private and longer stays.
For 2 persons: $125/Night $600/Week $1150/month
Long-term Rentals: 1-2 persons: $1100/month (Yearly Rate)
Family Vacation Rate: Family of 4 persons: $155/night....$700/week
Extra per person rate is $20/night for adult and $15/child
- For 2 nights or less, payment is required in full at time of reservation.
- For 3 or more nights, a deposit of half the total amount is due when reservation is made. The remainder plus sales & lodging tax is due 3 weeks prior to stay.
- We will re-schedule your stay if you cannot make your scheduled time.
- Guests are responsible for payment of accommodations regardless of actual arrival or departure dates.
Pets and Horses are Welcome!
Traveling with pets or horses? Now you have a choice in lodging The Jolly Rancher has a bed for your horses, cats or dogs.
||A new Pro-Panel Pole Barn with exercise, wash rack, and panel turnouts. We feed or you feed. Will supply information for bringing horses into Colorado. Must have a negative Coggins test and Health Certificate from a vet, 3-way vaccination: E & W tetanus, flu rhino and distemper.
With Hay $15 per night.
Without Hay $12 per night
|Dog or Cat Lodging
Dogs: $10 - $12 per day
Cats: $10 per day
Must have yearly vaccination of rabbies and distemper.
Upon arriving at The Jolly Rancher you may opt for a nice relaxing time on the front porch with coffee, tea (hot or cold), or sodas. Gaze upon the La Plata Mountains and the Mesa Verde mesa and take in the sunsets which are second to none. Barbecue your own meal or make your way to downtown Cortez which offers many different restaurants offering a variety of food.
While exploring our town you'll find City Park with its tennis courts, walking paths and picnic areas. The Cortez Recreation Center is open 7 days a week and offers a Competition Lap Pool, 1/16 mile jogging track, a rock climbing wall, full fitness area, a family swimmng pool with a kiddy-sized tube slide, a resistance pool, a 145 foot long enclosed water slide, racquetball courts, and a full gymnasium with 6 basketball courts. The Cortez Cultural Center has free Native American Dances in full costume every evening as well as local cultural and art exhibits.
Exploring Mesa Verde Country and Utah
Plan to stay a few days! We'll even help you plan your daytrips when you call us at 970-564-9101.
Mesa Verde Country includes
- Mesa Verde National Park
- Anasazi Heritage Center Museum
- Hovenweep National Monument
- Crow Canyon Archaelogical Center
- Cortez Cultural Center
- Ute Mountain Tribal Park
- Four Corners Monument
Utah - 120 miles from Cortez (2 hour drive)
- Arches National Park
- Monument Valley
- Canyonlands by night - a must see, dinner served
Outdoor Fun in Southwest Colorado
- Biking - Motorcycling
- Hiking - mountains, canyons, high desert, Mesa Verde National Park
- Fishing, Boating, Waterskiing on Lake McPhee
(second largest lake in Colorado)
- Rafting on the Dolores River
- Jeeping - on the roads, or over the mountains
- Golf - a beautiful 18 hole golf course with views of the mountains
- Horseback Riding - overnight, half-day, or 2 hour rides available
- Nature Preserves - Mesa Verde and many more!
Fresh air and views are abundant at The Jolly Rancher Vacation Cabins
- San Juan Skyway - called America's "Most Beautiful Drive". The fall colors are AWESOME! Takes about six hours to complete the circle, returning to The Jolly Rancher.
- Elk and Mule Deer Hunting - some of the biggest and best trophy animals. Our cabins are just right for hunters.
For more information about the Cortez area, write the Cortez Visitors Information Bureau at P.O. Box HH, Cortez, CO 81321 or call 1-800-253-1616 (USA and Canada)
Lots of Unique Western Fun, Too!
- Horseback Rides and Horse Pack Trips - local
- Stagecoach and Wagon Rides - 20 minutes away
- Western Stage Show with Chuckwagon Style Dinners - at the Bar-D Chuckwagon in Durango, 1 hour away
- Ute Mountain Casino - 15 minutes away
- Shopping for American Indian Arts and Jewelry is at its finest in Cortez - Good Prices!
So come on down and join us!
We look forward to your visit at The Jolly Rancher.